I recently came across an in-depth article by Paul McNamara discussing why nurses should be on Twitter and many great tips for nurses to get the most out of Twitter. It was one of the most practical articles that I’ve read and felt it was worth sharing.
“To borrow a quote from Jane Caro (you’ll find her on Twitter too), social media allows nurses and midwives unmediated access to public conversations for the first time in history. Empowering stuff.” This quote from the article sums it up nicely.
But, in case you prefer bullets with what’s included in the article:
- Twitter at events; the best way to catch everything at a conference
- Twitter discussions; scheduled chats about a specific topic
- Twitter tips; LOTS of tips about using twitter and setting up your twitter profile
- Twitterisms; how to speak the language of Twitter
- Suggestions for nurses to follow
If you are a nurse and want to share information and interact with other individuals that have the same interests, then take a few minutes to learn why Twitter may be an ideal conversation platform for you.
Read the article here: http://www.ausmed.com.au/twitter-for-nurses/
Thank you to Paul McNamara for this great content.
Quoted and shared with permission.